1000VA, 2RU Uninterruptible Power Supply
2RU uninterruptible power supply - battery backup / power conditioner. AVR, RS-232 & USB interface; no fan.
The Furman F1000-UPS: battery backup is designed exclusively for audio/video professionals and home theater aficionados.
For decades, traditional audio/video components were simple analog devices designed to easily weather power outages of well over two seconds. Later, as computer and microprocessor based components gained in popularity, their extraordinary sensitivity to even a fraction of a second’s power loss was managed with traditional UPS (uninterruptible power supply) technology.
Unfortunately, these units were solely designed for the I.T. professional. Though they included many technologies and features appropriate to that application, they fell short for premium audio/video components. Though many of these manufacturers later recognized the ever emerging professional audio/video, broadcast, and home theater market, their lack of experience led merely to a re-tooled chassis. These hastily produced UPS devices lacked the technologies necessary to truly optimize protection, performance, and control for today’s audio video components.
The Furman F1000-UPS more than fills this void, and offers your system unparalleled battery back-up technology, created from the ground up to meet the exacting demands of the world’s most sensitive audio, video and control systems!
Typical UPS systems feature antiquated surge suppression technologies that can cause as much damage and annoying lock-ups as they attempt to prevent. Only Furman offers battery back-up with our road-proven SMP non-sacrificial, zero ground contamination surge suppression technology and EVS Extreme Voltage Shutdown. After all, the most robust battery can not function if the accompanying circuits are damaged. With Furman’s F1000-UPS, you can expect years of trouble free operation.
Though many control devices are relatively immune to moderate levels of AC line noise, today’s more sensitive devices (such as DLP projectors and line-level signal processors) certainly are not. High-definition technologies have pushed resolution to levels so extreme that virtually any AC noise capable of coupling with your system’s signal will distort, mask, or destroy the performance advantages we all strive so hard to capture and reproduce. Once again, the F1000-UPS is different. While other UPS devices feature AC line filters suitable for a I.T. closet, only Furman employs our exclusive Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT). This advanced noise filtering technology assures that today’s ultra-wide dynamic range is maintained as it must be – pristine. Remember, less AC noise equals greater content, greater resolution, and higher definition.
Programmability & Control
Audio/video systems can vary greatly in their size and components, and as such, flexibility is needed in determining how a battery backup solution should function under different circumstances. Because of this, Furman has provided open source RS-232 control over two independent AC outlet banks, with a wide range of control features to interface with an existing automation solution. Dual programmable IR control allows the unit to send a shut down command to remote components – no more expensive projector bulbs to replace in the event of a blackout.
* As with any battery back up system, the battery pack must be replaced periodically (typically every 2 years)
Typical Backup Components
Given the nature of battery backup technology, high-current audio and video components such as power amplifiers, powered subwoofers, and high-wattage displays are not recommended for use with the F1000-UPS. Not only will these components drain battery power quite rapidly, line impedance will be raised due to the F1000-UPS’s (or any) AVR and AC to DC inverter, which can induce current compression and noticeably diminish performance with high-current A/V equipment. The following components are ideal for use with the F1000-UPS:
- Satellite Receivers
- Cable Boxes
- Digital Video Recorders
- Media Servers
- External Hard Drives
- Digital Mixing Consoles
- Lamp Based Video Displays
- Control Systems
For power management of other components, Furman recommends Classic or Prestige Series Power Conditioners. For high-current components such as power amplifiers and powered subwoofers, solutions featuring Furman’s exclusive Power Factor Technology are ideal.
Approximate Run Time, 1500VA **
Satellite Receiver or Cable Box = 45 Minutes
Digital Mixing Console (16 channel) = 32 minutes
Control System + Media Server = 9 Minutes
DAW Computer + Digital I/O + External Hard Drive + 24” LCD Monitor = 4 minutes
** These run times should be used as a guideline only and are dependent on device and usage.
- Surge Protection
- Furman’s exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available.
- Noise Filtration
- LiFT offers AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity.
- Voltage Protection
- Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions.
- Diagnostic Lights
- LED status indicators warn you when voltage is outside of nominal range or when protection has been compromised.
- Standard Voltage Regulation
- Standard Voltage Regulation delivers a stable 120 volts of AC power to protect equipment from problems caused by AC line voltage irregularities.
- Battery Backup
- 1000VA Simulated Sine Wave battery backup protects your data in a power failure allowing the opportunity to save your applications, programs, and shut-down the system gracefully.
- Infrared Control
- Learning IR control allows you to program connected equipment for shut-down sequencing.
- RS-232 Protocol
- RS-232 Open Source Code Protocol provides custom programming for connected equipment.
- 12 AMP Rating
- 12 Amp rating featuring a circuit breaker for added protection.
- Eight Total Outlets
- 8 rear panel outlets.
- Critical Load Management
- Critical Load Management prioritizes the allocation of temporary power to connected equipment.
- Power Control Software
- Easy to use power control software assists you in maximizing the performance of your UPS.
- Line Voltage120 (Volts)
- BlueBOLT EnabledNo
- Number of Outlets8
- Number of Isolated Banks0
- Outlet DescriptionsAll 8 outlets surge protected, linearly filtered, and backud up
- Rack MountableYes
- Rack Ears IncludedYes
- Front Panel Meter(s)LCD Displays status and menu navigation items
- Front Media Light(s)No
- ControlRemote control through RS-232 serial port
- AC Power Cord10 ft, captive
- Dimensions17" W (19" w/ rack ears) x 13" D x 3.5" H (4" tall with feet installed)
- Weight36 lbs.
- Battery Backup
- Input Frequency57 - 63 Hz
- Regulation Capture Range99 - 135V (Sensitive Mode)
94 - 142V (Standard Mode)
- Output Frequency60 Hz ± 1%
- UPS Output Capacity1000VA, 600W @ 0.6pf
- Regulation Output Range120V ± 5% (Sensitive Mode)
120V ± 10% (Standard Mode)
- UPS Backup Time (Full Load)3 minutes
- Transfer Time< 10ms
- AC Protection
- AC Protection TechnologyNon-sacrificial SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection)
- Automatic Voltage ShutoffYes
- Under-Voltage Shutoff90V ± 5V
- Over-Voltage Shutoff150V ± 5V (fast rise)
132 ± 5V (slow rise)
- Maximum Current Rating12 (Amps)
- Filtration TechnologyLinear Filtering Technology (LiFT)
- Filtration Rating10 dB @ 10kHz
40 dB @ 100 kHz
50 dB @ 500kHz
- Shipping Info
- Length22.2 (Inches)
- Width17.6 (Inches)
- Height9.4 (Inches)
- Weight37.25 (Lbs)
- Unit of MeasureEach
- Master Pack Qty28
- Other Specifications
- UPS Output Voltage120 ±5V, Simulated Sine Wave
3 Year Limited Warranty