6 Circuit Sequencing Power Distribution, (6) 20A 120V circuits, 240V or 3-Phase 208V input
Updated for easier installation and operation, the ASD-120 2.0 is a compact rack-mount power distribution system for use where AC power must be distributed to multiple circuits and there is no hard-wired, built-in system.
The ASD-120 2.0 AC Sequenced Power Distributor updates the ASD-120, optimized for easier installation and operation. The ASD-120 2.0 is an extremely compact, low cost rackmount power distribution system ideal for touring PA systems, touring musical and theatrical acts, mobile recording facilities, on-location film and video shoots, etc. - any situation where AC power must be distributed to multiple circuits and a hard-wired, built-in system is missing, inadequate or impractical.
The ASD-120 2.0 allows you to power up and its six circuits in a sequenced fashion. The sequence is reversed for power down. The delay interval is user-adjustable via an internal trimpot.
Power sequencing is needed whenever various kinds of equipment must be powered up or down in groups, rather than all simultaneously. In audio systems, sequenced powering is often necessary to allow turn-on transients from low level amplifiers and processors to settle down before any power amps are turned on, because simultaneous powering would result in a loud, annoying, and potentially destructive 'pop' reaching the speakers. And in any large system whose components present an inductive load to the AC line (including electric motors, power supplies, and power amplifiers of all kinds), sequenced powering can avoid excessive inrush currents that cause circuit breakers to trip even though the steady-state currents are not excessive.
The ASD-120 2.0's front panel provides a three-position switch for each circuit that allows each circuit to be part of the power up/down sequence, or to remain on or off apart from the sequence. An LED that indicates when either the power-up or power-down sequence is in progress. The sequence can be initiated with either momentary or maintained switches, locally or remotely. A duplex outlet is provided for each delay step. A locking switch with a removable key is provided for maximum security.
Since the sequence control signals are also available on the rear panel, one or more ASD-120 2.0s may be installed in remote locations and operated via low-voltage control wiring. The sequence control signals can also drive PowerPorts, MiniPorts, PS-PRO and PS-8-R Power Sequencers, or any other circuits that need to know when their particular time delay has elapsed. Using one or more ASD-120's can provide the capability of controlling power and power sequencing for an entire system.
The ASD-120 2.0 can handle up to 120 amps of incoming power, distributing it to six 20 amp, 120V circuits. Each circuit has a front panel status indicator that lights up when it is turned on, and a 20 amp duplex outlet on the rear panel.
The ASD-120 2.0's design incorporates four oversized busses, allowing wiring for 120V or 240V single phase, or 208V three phase power. A strain relief clamp is provided that can accommodate a cable or wire bundle up to 1.5 inches in diameter. Cable termination is a simple process of breaking out and stripping the individual conductors and connecting them with set screws, and then tightening the strain relief clamp. Complete instructions accompanying the unit guide the user through the process of selecting and terminating the supply cable.
- 120 amp total load
- Six 20 amp, 120 volt circuits, each with a status indicator
- Oversized buss bars
- Four buss design accommodates 120V or 240V single phase, or 208V three phase power
- Six widely spaced duplex outlets on rear panel
- Outlets can be powered up and down in sequence
- Three position switch allows each circuit to be part of the power sequencing, or to be switched on/off independently
- Sequence timing can be initiated from unit or remotely, using low voltage control wires
- Sequence control signals are available on rear panel to drive additional ASD-120 2.0s or other devices and circuits
- Front panel key switch for security
- Compact two rack space package
- Most economical product of its type
- FamilyContractor Series
- Line Voltage120 (Volts)
- BlueBOLT EnabledNo
- Dimensions3.5" H x 19" W x 10" D (8.9 x 48.3 x 25.4 cm)
- Weight16 lbs
- AC Protection
- Automatic Voltage ShutoffNo
- Shipping Info
- Length21.8 (Inches)
- Width19.3 (Inches)
- Height8.6 (Inches)
- Weight19.95 (Lbs)
- Unit of MeasureEach
- Master Pack Qty2
- Other Specifications
AC Input Voltage:240V single phase or 208V three phase
- Input Current: 120 amps maximum
- Output: Six 120V 20A circuits
- Maximum AC Current Rating: Six 120V 20A circuits for 120A total
- Cable Clamp: 145R - 1 1/2 inch NM Clamp Type - Wire Size: 2 to 6AWG
- AC Output Receptacles
- Rear Panel Outlets: 6 duplex NEMA 5-20R sequenced.
- Front Panel: 6 thermal circuit breakers, one per duplex pair.
- Operating Temperature and Humidity: 5 to 40C (40 to 105F), <90% Relative Humidity
- User Interface (Front Panel)
- Key-switch: Front panel, 3 position (On/Off/Remote)
- Keys: Included, 1 pair
- Push Button Switch: Front panel
- Circuit Breakers: Front panel, push-button; 6, 20A Thermal Breakers
- Output Circuit Status: Front panel indicators – one per output
- Configuration Switches: Front panel, hidden by security cover;
- Delay Switches: 3 maximum delay switches – 1, 2, and 4 minute
- Switching Modes: Force Off NO/NC
- 12V mode On/Off
- GND mode On/Off
- Momentary/Maintained mode selection
- Fine Delay Adjustment: Potentiometer hidden by security cover.
- Programmable Delay:7 minutes delay per step
- 35 minutes total delay time
- Control/Status/Triggering(Rear Panel)
- Remote Terminal: Phoenix-style 4 Pin Connector with Screw Terminals;
- +12V @ 250mA, STAT, REM, GND (Class 2 wiring)
- +5 to 30VDC at REM terminal.
- Delay Outputs: Phoenix-style 8-Pin Connector with Screw Terminals
- 6 relay contacts with NO and NC common connections
- Class 2 wiring)
- A, B, C, D, E, and F delay contacts switched with output circuits
- Force Off: Phoenix-style 2 Pin Connector with Screw Terminals;
- Optically isolated, 12V, 10mA current source (Class 2 wiring)
- Senses external relay contact closure
- Power Consumption
- Standby: 5 Watts
- Sequenced ON: 20 Watts
- Safety Agencies
- RoHS Compliant
3 Year Limited Warranty